Learn about Event-Driven Architecture, a foundational concept in Microservice architectures, Domain-Driven Design, serverless and modular monoliths, in this in-depth, no-frills walk-through.
Written by Christer Ostergaard, an experienced Event-Driven Architecture-practitioner, the purpose of Checking into Event-Driven Architecture is to bring you essential and concrete knowlege about the strategic advantages Event-Driven Architecture brings to your business, development, and operations. This book will help you get started and save valuable time.
This books is for product managers, architects and developers.
PRE-ORDER NOW AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE!
In addition to introducing you to Event-Driven Architecture theory and concepts, the book includes a description of several real life examples, code listings, as well as the building of a simple, fictional Police Records system from scratch.
- The missing tool: Event orientation and Event-Driven Architecture
- Event-Driven Architecture history
- The typical systems architecture
- Technical considerations
- What Event-Driven Architecture will bring to the business
- What Event-Driven Architecture will bring to development
- What Event-Driven Architecture will bring to operations
- Production examples
- Building on top of Event-Driven Architecture: Microservices, Modules, Sagas
- Challenges and disadvantages of Event-Driven Architecture
About Christer Ostergaard
As a results-oriented IT business professional with over 23 years of custom software project experience, Christer’s expertise is creating strategically aligned systems and bringing positive change, excellence and technology-agnostic growth to organizations. With a proven track record of more than 60 public and private sector projects, Christer works internationally as a catalyst for change and transformation.
Christer has worked with Event-Driven Architecture since 2011.